Thursday, February 11, 2010

Hand, Head, Knees & Toes

It has been a little while since I have had the chance to write. About 10 days ago, Libby decided to turn homicidal. Her plan did backfire and she only managed to cause a minor concussion and broken thumb/damaged ligaments by pushing me down the stairs. That was a nightmare but didn't seem to set me too far back in my training for the 5K Adam & I are running in May. I am not up to running about 4.5 miles on average (although yesterday I was just shy of 5 miles) and down 10 lbs. I have a goal for myself with the running and I am determined to meet those goals! I would like to try running a half marathon with Paul in November in Indianapolis.

Jack is doing EXCELLENT on his medications. He is really a different child. And, just as everyone told me, it feels like it was the best decision for us. He has expressed interest in earning his own money so he has 4 chores a day which he gets a sticker on a chart. At the end of the week, we will pay up. He has the ability to earn a dollar a day. I think for a 4 year old this is reasonable. He also wants a wallet to put his money in. I am giving him 1 for Valentines Day. He has been off school all week but goes back today. Just in time for his Valentines Day party. I made chocolate caramel covered pretzel rods with bits of toffee on the end for the students and teachers. He is also giving out Toy story cards with a sucker.

Grant took 2 unassisted steps the other day! He was very proud and its just a matter of time before he is off and walking for good. He is also magically sleeping better. He is sleeping 8 hours straight, waking for a bottle then back to bed for 4 or 5 more hours. I am limiting his nap time and think this is helping the sleeping situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment